Followers

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thoughts on the recent tragedy in Chicago

4 racially motivated people falsely imprisoned and tortured a mentally challenged white Trump supporter. If this is horrific enough they put the video of it on a Facebook live-stream. The perpetrators of this hate crime are now in police custody and likely wont see freedom for a long time. The issue I have is that these terrible people attacked someone with mental challenges. Another issue with this is the public reaction to this. If I were to leave out the "Trump supporter part" many would be more horrified by this incident. An example would be when I told my mother about it, she at first said it was horrifying but when I said the victim was a Trump supporter she said "serves him right", which is deeply saddening.

1 comment:

  1. Just had this same conversation with my father-in-law. Between media exposure, facebook live streaming capability, and plain terrible people, it's a scary world out there.

    ReplyDelete